Dr. James N. Romanelli is a board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in breast augmentation on Long Island, New York. He has over 18 years of experience in private practice, and is currently the Chief of Staff at Huntington Hospital in Huntington, New York. He earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Notre Dame, and received his medical degree from SUNY Downstate, followed by 8 years of post-graduate surgical training.
In addition to general surgery and hand surgery, Dr. Romanelli's plastic surgery training included experience working with Dr. Frank Gerow and Dr. Thomas Cronin, inventors of the modern breast implant. Dr. Romanelli has been among a handful of respected surgeons selected to be an investigator in 3 different silicone gel implant studies, including the FDA study of "gummy bear" implants. Dr. Romanelli is a remarkably talented and skilled cosmetic surgeon who proudly offers his patients the personalized, attentive care they deserve.
If you would like to meet with Dr. Romanelli to discuss breast enhancement on Long Island, click here to request a free surgical consultation. Or you can call Romanelli Cosmetic Surgery at (631) 424-3600 to schedule an appointment.
Dr. Romanelli is a highly regarded member of the medical community who has received numerous honors and awards.
- Chief of Staff at Huntington Hospital, a member of the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
- Chief of Surgery at Huntington Hospital, a member of the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System, 2000 – 2013
- Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in 1992, recertified in 2004
- Member of the American College of Surgeons Applicant Committee
- Inspector for the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities
- Recipient of the Spira Award for the best Plastic Surgery Chief Resident presentation, Houston, Texas, 1990
- Cum laude graduate of the University of Notre Dame
As an active and involved medical professional, Dr. Romanelli maintains memberships on several medical societies.
- Active Member, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Active Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Member, New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Member, Medical Society of the State of New York
Dr. Romanelli maintains privileges at Huntington Hospital, where he is Chief of Staff and an Attending Physician in Surgery, and at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset.
After receiving his bachelor's degree from the University of Notre Dame and his medical degree from SUNY Downstate, Dr. Romanelli completed several years of post-graduate specialty training.
- Chief Resident in Plastic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 1989-1990
- Plastic Surgery Resident, Baylor College of Medicine, 1988-1990
- Hand Surgery Fellowship, St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Texas, 1987-1988
- Chief Resident in General Surgery, Staten Island University Hospital, 1986-1987
- General Surgery Residency, Staten Island University Hospital, 1982-1984, 1985-1987
- Urology Resident, Downstate Medical Center, 1984-1985
Find Dr. Romanelli on Google +