Dr. Dana Khuthaila specializes in aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery and post-weight-loss plastic surgery for our patients on Long Island. As a board-certified plastic surgeon, she offers procedures for the face, body and breasts, and she strives to provide the highest quality care to her patients by taking an individualized and compassionate approach to each procedure.
After graduating from medical school, Dr. Khuthaila went on to complete an extensive residency and several fellowships across the world. In addition to English, she is fluent in Arabic and speaks some French as well.
Dr. Khuthaila's diverse experience has helped her refine her skills as a plastic surgeon. In addition, she has contributed greatly to her field through research and outreach efforts.
Dr. Khuthaila has a special interest in breast reconstruction and brings specialized training in leading edge reconstructive techniques to our patients on Long Island. As a cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Khuthaila understands that each patient has unique goals and concerns. She also is experienced and has great interest in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery, as well as post-bariatric or post-pregnancy body contouring. With every consultation, she takes time to listen to her patients and discuss all of the options with them.
If you would like to meet with Dr. Khuthaila, request a free surgical consultation. Or, you can call Romanelli Cosmetic Surgery at (631) 424-3600 to schedule an appointment.
- Ted Thomas Award in Plastic Surgery for Best Presentation: "Pedicled Versus Free TRAM Flap for Post-mastectomy Reconstruction: A Cost-utility Analysis," Residents Research Conference, Hamilton 2000
- Model Student, King Saud University School of Medicine, 1997
- Certified by American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons in Plastic Surgery (ACS)
- Member, International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
- Member, Saudi Council for Health Specialties (SCHS)
- Member, Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- Member, Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
- Member, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
Dr. Khuthaila earned her degree from King Saud University School of Medicine, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, then went on to complete an extensive, five-year integrated plastic surgery residency program at McMaster University in Canada. After completing her residency, Dr. Khuthaila completed several fellowships across the world, including a:
- Clinical fellowship in cosmetic surgery, Cosmetic Surgery Hospital, Toronto
- Visiting fellowship in cosmetic surgery, Clinica Ivo Pitanguy, Rio de Janeiro
- Research fellowship, emphasis on breast surgery, Center for Breast and Body Contouring, Grand Rapids, MI
- Clinical fellowship, emphasis on Microsurgical Breast Reconstruction (DIEP), University of Gent, Belgium
- Clinical fellowship, emphasis on oncological breast surgery and breast reconstruction, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
- Visit to establish a vascular anomalies center at KFSH, Children's Hospital Boston, Boston, MA